acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

MDX: my 2007 Acura MDXs battery is dead. I wonder if this

my 2007 Acura MDX's battery is dead. I wonder if this has something to do with a old problem. that is when I just bought it brand new in 2007, I found when I turned the key to start the car, there was a loud 'BUM' noise, the dealer fixed that problem but recently it came back again.

Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm Steve. And I will be assisting you today. It would be hard to say without seeing the car. But we see problems with the Bluetooth phone unit and the A/c relay in this model. As well as bad battery. The best thing to do would be to check the battery and then check the car for shorts. Try jump starting the car and let me know if it starts. Also tell me if the Hands free phone system in the car works.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Steve. Thanks for your reply. I gave my car a boost today and it started and didn't died again. the Bluetooth work well but the GPS and back up camera don't work. I am just wondering if it is normal for this model need a battery changing at this age(6 years).I always keep my car under regular maintenance.

thank you.

These cars are very hard on battery's due to the amount of electronics they have. So it would not be unusual to have a bad battery at 6 years old. I would have the battery tested and changed if required and also check the system for draws. As far as the navi and camera check the fuses first it could just be a fuse. If there is anything else I can help you with let me know.