Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

rl: Hi I have a 2000 acura rl and the shop is telling that

Hi I have a 2000 acura rl and the shop is telling that this is gonna cost me about 650, that seems a bit inflated. Does any one have any ideas ? Prob should take it to a acura dealer..
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you describe the fault that is occurring on your vehicle here so I can get a better idea of what is at fault and what it may cost to repair?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
I received your response on the new question you opened for this here.We can work here on this question as a new question isn't needed for this.

It looks like its your starter that you were quoted the $650 parts and labor to be repaired.I show the cost for the starter alone is around $270 and the labor to replace it is right at 4.3 hours.So if the shop charges around $100 per hour it can cost $430 for labor and $270 for the starter which is right at $700 total parts and labor.They may have found a cheaper starter this is most likely why it is only $650 but they are correct on the cost quote as it takes some time to replace this starter on your vehicle here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete