peterpete190
peterpete190, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 15 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

legend: Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have a 1995 acura legend

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have a 1995 acura legend that I just finished changing the headgasket, an issue with all legend. The job went fine and started the car and ran for a few blocks and when I pull over to the driveway press the brake but I did not realize that the car is still moving a little when I put it in park and the car died. I tried to restart the car and no electrical power to anything, light all of them nothing. I check the battery and it has 12 volts on it. I checked all the ground connections and they are all fine. I hooked a tester from positive of batterry to the frame and there is no continuity.All fuses are fine. But there is something I noticed that when I put my tester to the negative side of the battery and probe the frame, there is voltage. So I checked the other legend that I have in the driveway and repeat the procedure, it did not do what I did in the other legend. The good legend will only have voltage or contnuity if I put the red clip on the positive terminal and put the probe on the frame like the intake manifold runner. So my conclusion is that for some reason the whole current path was reversed. I was so confused that my suspicion has something to do with the shift solenid in the transmission. The car of course do not start. So is ther an answer to my elctrical problem

Category: Acura
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you show no voltage by setting your multi meter to dc volts and connecting the positive end to the positive cable at the battery and the negative end of the meter to the frame or engine this indicates the engine is not receiving a ground from the battery.

I would start with re checking any wiring that was removed during the head gasket repair to see if any wiring was left loose or damaged at all.If you find any wiring damaged or left loose/disconnected it needs reconnected.I would trace the ground cable from the battery to make sure it is connected properly to the engine as well.

If these are all o.k. here let me know and we can continue.

Thanks Pete
peterpete190, Car Enthusiast
Experience: Over 15 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.