Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

MDX: 2003 Acura MDX Nave unit Removal. How do you unplug connectors.

2003 Acura MDX Nave unit Removal. How do you unplug connectors. Nav unit does not pull all the way out, after restraining nuts removed, so semi-blind access to connectors.

There is a tab to press down as you pull out the connectors. they are located on top of connector at the center of the connector
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Eric,

Let me try this....I had tried this before contacting you, but could not get it to release. Will try again.

the connectors are very close to each other, and with the little space, it is a pain to do. let me know if you have a problem and I will see if I have a diagram showing their exact locations
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are 3 connectors. I have released the one with the single wire which was released with a tab on the side.

There are two stacked on top of each other, a green one, and I believe a black one. Like you say tight, and don't see a release tab even with the mirror.

Suggestions?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Eric,

Have released all of the 5 connectors. After getting that green one out, then it became easier to see and to get my hands in.

Took more sweat, and stronger fingers...but you had it right. Not much more you could do for me except to say...work at it!

Thanks.

glad you were able to get them! have a great week!