acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

2007 Acura RDX. I saw a previous answer about recovering the

2007 Acura RDX. I saw a previous answer about recovering the center console in leather.
I've removed the 3 screws. Also 3 little bumpers/plugs near the free edge. I've tried prying and pulling but i can't get the layers apart.

HiCustomer welcome. I'm Steve. And I will be assisting you today. After you take the screws out you need to pry the lower plastic cover off the underside of the lid then you will see the screws holding the lid onto the hinge. Here is the illustration showing the location of the screws. Pay close attention to the location of the screws in the drawing to be sure they are all out they can be hard to see. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89860259/arm%20rest.pdf

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was able to get it off. Thanks for the operative word pry. I think pry around edges to release concealed clips
Would have been even better, but i got it. One last question. Now that it's apart, the leather seems like it gets stapled in around the edges. I've never
Seen staples like this, especially going into hard ABS. What should i do to
Attach the new leather?
You can use a commercial staple gun with short (3mm) staples or try 3M " general trim adhesive". And glue it to the plastic. The base helps hold the leather so it doesn't need to be stapled .