This question is for Master Tech: I am unable to fold the

This question is for Master Tech:
I am unable to fold the seat forward or recline in a 2001 Acura Mdx.The seat is located directly behind the driver which is the second row.At the back of the seat i noticed there are (2) cables which go to the pull lever at the headrest.My question is where does the cable on the farthest side ( towards the passenger side) lead to? Does it control the adjoining seat? Also, can i purchase individual parts such as pull lever or cable in order to do a successful repair?

Hello and welcome to,

I am trying to understand where this cable is you are speaking of?

Is it actually mounted to the right side of the seat?

Is there a small handle attached to that side?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

At the back of the driver's seat is the second row seat directly behind on the driver's side.
In order to access the third row you have to pull the headrest lever on the second row seat.On this second row seat this pull lever is attached to (2) cables located at the back (under a covering which is part of the seat upholstery).While pulling this lever i can feel the cable movement through the cable housing on the left hand side.However, on the right hand side i cannot feel the cable through the housing.Therefore, i am thinking it is detached from the pull lever.Both cables are attached to this same pull lever.

Here is a bulletin that pertains to the problem I think you are having with the seat. CLICK HERE

If there is more troubleshooting that needs to be done, please ask more questions. Do not rate my service until we are completely done working on your concern and you are completely satisfied.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help.I now see where the 2nd cable is attached.