Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

Hello, A friend has asked me to disconnect the battery in

A friend has asked me to disconnect the battery in his 2005 mdx. It's being stored in his garage and he won't be using the car for a few months.
Anyway what are the exact steps I should follow to disconnect the battery properly?
Thank you.

Disconnect the negative cable first and isolate it from touching metal and then disconnect the positive battery cable. That is all there is to it on this vehicle
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Once disconnected would it be good to put the battery on a charger for a few hours?

If battery is in good shape with 12v at the terminals, putting it on a charger right now wont do anything helpful.

With it being stored for a few months, it should be charged about every 30 days to keep cells from dying and battery going bad. A battery completely disconnected will discharge over time