I am considering having a rebuilt transmission instead of a

I am considering having a rebuilt transmission instead of a new one(Jasper etc whick is much more expensive- the repair facility says they can rebuild it to the same level -is this possible? wasnt there a design flaw in many of 99 tls will they be able to get upgrade parts to make it work as new? ive had auto trans cars since 1964 12 cars never had a trans problem!

Hello and welcome to,

to try and answer your questions, yes there was some design flaws with the transmissions. When shops rebuild the transmissions there has been some success in the repair. the parts that they should be ordering should be the updated parts needed to correctly rebuild the transmission. It is up to the rebuilder to do the job correctly.

i hope this answered your questions, let me know before you rate my service if you have any more questions or if you fell i need to provide more info