Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a 2003 MDX. The VSA light has been coming on and the

I have a 2003 MDX. The VSA light has been coming on and the vehicles power is reduced. I can stop engine restart lights go off, runs fine for a few miles. If I put on cruise control vehicle runs fine, no missing or jumping. Could it be the accelerator sensor?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When the VSA (vehicle stability system) light comes on like this,this indicates the vsa system has detected a fault with one or more components in the stability or abs (anti lock brake/traction control) systems.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out of all computers using a scan tool that can communicate with all computers to see what codes have set.Once this is done then it can be diagnosed as to which component or components are at fault and then repaired from there to correct the fault.

This may be a component like a possible wheel speed sensor issue,or other sensors on the vehicle.

If you can get the codes read out (a local parts store might check these free of charge) then post the code info here I can look up the codes and we can try and narrow down or pinpoint the fault.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete