acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

integra: I have a 98 integra with 50000 miles on it. Today

I have a 98 integra with 50000 miles on it. Today it overheated badly, I added coolant but it didn't make a difference. My hood is covered in blue spray, but when idling with the hood up I don't see any leaks.

Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm Steve. And I will be assisting you today. look at the top tank of the radidator on the sides . See if the plastic tank is cracked. We see the top tanks crack on these and spray coolant on the hood and engine. You might need to wait until the engine cools off and add coolant in the radiator itself . If the radiator or cap is bad it will not pull water from the reserve tank.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.