acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

rsx: my arm rest cover materal is coming off. how do i remove

my arm rest cover materal is coming off. how do i remove the console inother to fix this problem?

Hi brian, welcome. I'm Steve. And I will be assisting you today. Do you mean RDX? and is this the center arm rest or the one on the door panel ? if you are not sure just post back the vin Number. I can send instructions and a part number with the vin.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it an rdx

ok, center or door arm rest?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the center

Ok, Its not really that hard , Open the lid and you will see some screws in the bottom. remove these and pull the plastic cover off and then remove the screws under it that hold it to the hinge. Here is the diagrams from the manual. Click this link. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89860259/arm%20rest.pdf

If there is anything else I can help you with let me know.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thats the problem there are no screws

They are hard to see and they match the plastic pretty well. they are at the points marked "C" in the first drawing . Slide the seat all the way back and tilt the back down and you can see better . I have done these hundreds of times they are pretty common on this model.