Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

RL: I have a 04 Acura RL 3.5 that seems to be burning a lot

I have a 04 Acura RL 3.5 that seems to be burning a lot of gas, there is no check engine lights, the tire's are properly inflated, I changed the spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter and
a front end alignment but still seems to drinking a lot of gas! what is the estimated mpg
for an 04 Acura RL 3.5 an is there anything else I can do to improve it?

Avg gas mileage for a 2004 RL with 3.5l engine is around 16-18mpg, that is your city and highway driving combined.

Ok, the best thing to help increase gas mileage is to do a direct induction cleaning of the intake manifold and fuel injectors. This can increase gas mileage by 15-20%

You will need a can of SeaFoam cleaner, a funnel and a helper.

Disconnect the large vacuum hose at the brake booster(this goes directly to intake manifold). Have helper crank engine and every few seconds, goose the gas pedal to keep engine from stalling. Stick funnel in end of disconnect vacuum hose and slowly pour contents of Seafoam into funnel.( It will smoke white out the exhaust when doing this, which is normal for this procedure.)

Once done, reconnect vacuum hose and drive for about 5 miles at hwy speeds to finish cleaning out carbon.

the above will clean carbon from valves, intake manifold and injectors.

Cost you about $10 total and will be almost identical in results to the direct induction cleaning from a shop that charges $120-150