peterpete190
peterpete190, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 15 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

RSX: I am considering purchasing a 2005 RSX with 125 thousand

Customer Question

I am considering purchasing a 2005 RSX with 125 thousand miles on it. It is priced at $7990. It has one owner, never wrecked, mostly highway miles, garaged, looks to be in excellent condition. The owner has all the maintenance records and it has new tires and new struts. It is not the S type which has its pros and cons...pro - regular gas and I'm not looking to race around just have a sporty ride. Any concerns with purchasing this kind of mileage as long as the history is sound? Can I get a solid 100K more miles without a lot of cash outlay? What would you consider a fair offer?
Thanks for your time and consideration!
Category: Acura
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

As long as this vehicle has been well maintained and you have test drove it and it runs and all functions including engine and transmission operate properly you should be able to get at least another 100,000 miles out of this model.I would make sure you keep it maintained properly as the regular service intervals call for so the vehicle lasts some time for you.

It's difficult to see what may or may not occur in the future on this model as there may be components that may need repair later on down the road but that all depends on the components in the vehicle.Some will go along time with no major repairs needed while others may need work all depending if a component fails.

The blue book value of this vehicle if in excellent condition is right at $7400.If in very good condition right at $6950.I would see if you can get the vehicle for around $7000 if it were me and see what kind of deal you can make on it.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your input. Without seeing the vehicle you did a good job. I too looked at KKB and with the added feature of leather seats it came in at $7504 for excellent and $7129 for Very Good. I am thinking of offering $7600 or could go down to $7500. This is contingent on everything checking out on visual and test drive.

I am seeing how much "Mobile Mechanic Pros" would charge to meet me and inspect the vehicle. Although this would cost me another $75 to $100 it may make for some peace of mind and a professional opinion since I am not a mechanic. Good idea for the money considering this guy has all the service records? Alternatively, I was thinking about calling the dealership where he has the care serviced and briefly talking to someone that may know the car. Is this a possibility? Thanks again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

And by the way, I would give you a good rating so I am pleased to pay for your input.

It is a good idea to have the vehicle checked over to make sure everything is o.k. as well as contacting the dealer it was serviced at as they may be able to give you a copy of the vehicle complete history or let you know what was done.

Feel free to rate my help here when your ready.

Thanks Pete
peterpete190, Car Enthusiast
Experience: Over 15 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

No more information required. Everything is in order and I am pleased with my car purchase. I already sent in a rating and was billed $15. I don't mind rating another answer but then the system charges me another $15. Since my initial question and follow ups were all on the same issue I felt that the $15 was a fair deal. If I went on to ask a different question about another issue, then I would pay another fee. Does that make sense?

Expert:  peterpete190 replied 12 months ago.
You are correct,you don't need to deposit again unless you ask another question.

Let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks Pete