Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

Acura 2.5 TL: I have a 1996 Acura TL 2.5 and for a while now

I have a 1996 Acura TL 2.5 and for a while now every day I notice that a larger amount of water collected on the inside floor. I 've been shop vacuuming it out, but would like to know what the cause for this might be
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

does this happen only when using the ac?

does it happen only when it rains?

is it water or is it coolant?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I think so.. I use the ac quite a bit, but it only started happen a little while ago

Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Ok, this is the ac evaporator condensation drain tube being clogged with debris. It needs to be cleaned out. The drain tube goes out the engine compartment at the firewall towards the bottom at center right of the firewall.

It is almost impossible to reach without vehicle being on a lift. It just needs to have some compressed air blown into it to clean it out.

You can try reaching it with it on jackstands, but it will be very, very, very tight access.

Most shops charge at the most $20 to do this, and some will do it as a no charge courtesy service for their regular customers