acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

RDX: I have an 2008 Acura RDX. Runs great. I was told the

I have an 2008 Acura RDX. Runs great. I was told the axle seal is leaking.
I wondered how much something like that might cost to fix and how urgent it is.

Many thanks!
Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm Steve. And I will be assisting you today. is it the right or left seal that is leaking? do you see drops on the ground or have any oil smells from the car?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The car is with my son at his school hundreds of miles from me. I can text him to find that out. Right now, I know he took it to get the oil changed and to get a general tune-up and they told him he had an axle leak.

I will call the place tomorrow to find out which side. It is not listed on the receipt of what they did.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will call the place tomorrow to find out which side. It is not listed on the receipt of what they did. Just received a quote from an Acura dealership for 1 seal it would be $ 230.

ok, that sounds like the right seal. These can leak but usually it is slow . If it is not dripping or smelling you can usually go till the next oil change .