acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

tl: Radio and hands free link locked

Radio and hands free link locked

Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm Steve. And I will be assisting you today. What does the display say? If you press and hold the hang up button on the steering wheel for 30 seconds does the system say anything back?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It says the hand free system is okay

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yoo..

ok what does the radio say? Does the hands free work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It needs a 4 digit passcode

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The radio number is XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is this working?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
He signed out without answerimg my question.. my radio and hands frew link on my 06 acura tl are locked.. just need a little help.
Sorry about the delay I'm having internet problems. Your code is 45145 enter it and let me know if you have any problems.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hell yeah!! Got the radio!!.. lol now I just can't figure out the hands free link

Great, So what happens when you try the hfl?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I push the hands free button and it needs a 4 digit code.. so I held down the hang up for 15 seconds and it says the hands free system is okay

ok so you recently bought the car and the system has a code?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yeah I bought it like a month ago..

Ok, unfortunately you will need An Acura dealer to remove the lock out for you using the factory scan tool. The only way to reset the code someone sets is to use the factory tool. Or replace the HFL Unit ( blame privacy laws) Most dealers will do this for about $50 some will do it free so call around . I hate having to tell people this please remember I didn't design the system.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yeah that's cool.. I just needed to know what ro do... thanks for the help.. you've been great.

Your welcome sorry for the delay I think I have it working now. If there is anything else you need just let me know .