RL: I have an 2006 Acura RL with less than 40 K miles, the

I have an 2006 Acura RL with less than 40 K miles, the car was very reliable. In Feb of this year I had an accident. The driver side door was damaged. After the accident, my bluetooth was was not functioning. The window was OK but always had wind noise when I drove on highway in high speed. After three months, the window rubber was damaged because the widow was out of track. Were these happen as a result of the accident?

Hello and welcome to,

In my opinion:

the window could be attributed to the accident especially if there was enough damage to the door that the window had to be realigned or parts had to be replaced.

the bluetooth does not sound like it is related to the accident. It would be really hard to prove considering there are no components in the door related to the bluetooth. this just happened to be a coincidence or possibly the jolt of the crash may have damaged the unit but highly unlikely

i hope i was able to answer your questions. please ask as many as you want to you are satisfied and can rate my service good or above. Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Was there anything else that may cause my connection to bluetooth to be out of function (i.e. wiring issue) from the impact to the door that cause loose wiring for the bluetooth? Because it happen after the accident. Thank you.

I don't think so, there is no bluetooth wiring that i know of that's in the driver's door. but just to satisfy myself i will look at the wring diagram for the bluetooth and i will get back to you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would you be able to contact me Friday morning by e-mail or phone (XXX-XXX-XXXX)

I'm sorry email and phone contact is forbidden by the terms of service by the website. i will reply via this thread
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you have a chance to look at the wring diagram for the bluetooth and get back to me? Thank you.

ok i looked at the wiring schematic. There are no components located in the driver's door for the blue tooth. The only thing that is even remotely related is the door speaker which is wired to the navigation so you can hear the voice.

did the airbag deploy in the accident? the only other possiblity is the srs component in the steering wheel if it was replaced could be an issue. other than that I don't see any relation from the accident to your blue tooth.

Hello Li Sen,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Juan S.