peterpete190
peterpete190, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 15 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

1998 acura cl 3.0 , driver side seat move forward, not backward,

1998 acura cl 3.0 , driver side seat move forward, not backward, all
other seat adjustments work. looked under seat nothing caught. Also
motor doesnt even hum when pushed backward. Motor bad?
Category: Acura
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

.From what you have described here this doesn't sound like a seat motor or seat wiring itself at fault causing this here.If the seat is moving forward but not back the seat motor on this vehicle for forward and back are both the same motor so the motor and wiring to the motor sound to be o.k.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the seat switch itself not sending a signal to move the seat back.The signal would need tested with a multi meter to see if this is the case for sure and if found at fault it would then need replaced to correct this.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hey thanks Pete, sounds like we're getting close. I dont think the problem

is the switch because I swapped the switch out with the switch on a 1997

acrua cl that I also own and it works fine in the 1997, but still have same

problem in the 1998. I tapped on the rod coming from the motor the other

night and all of a sudden it began to work. It has since stopped and I banged on the rod and didnt work this time. I think it is haunted. Could

it be something the to do with the connection into the switch?

If you were able to tap on this rod or even the motor itself when this occurs and the seat starts to operate properly then this in almost every case indicates the seat motor itself is at fault as the brushes wear out internally and cause no movement and with a tap it will free it up for proper operation again.

I suspect now that this is the seat motor itself at fault needing replaced.

Thanks Pete
peterpete190, Car Enthusiast
Experience: Over 15 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete

Thanks Pete