Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...

Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Acura Mechanic
Experience:  Aftermarket & Factory Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

explicit instructions for replacing both headlight assemblies on 2000 acura tl

Customer Question

Category: Acura
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

.

.
Greetings...... "Hi, I'm Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!"
.

here is Factory procedures which is as explicit as available.

the front bumper fascia has to be removed, as both headlights mount the same.

.

graphic

.

graphic

.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions.
.
Kindly rate me when you are done.
.
.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You neglected to include instructions for removing all the lamps from the headlight assy.

sorry........you posted removal of the "Headlight Assemblies"

.]

here is removing the Bulbs;

.

graphic

.

Don 'Mo Lurch', Acura Mechanic
Experience: Aftermarket & Factory Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I remove the other bulbs? And wouldn't YOU have to remove the bulbs to replace the headlight assy? In addition, any things to be aware of/cautions/tips?

the other lights will be a twist in or plug in.........

The Headlights are likely the HID type. ....if using the same bulbs, be sure NOT to touch with fingers & use clean gloves & / or towel if the bulb has to be touched, as fingerprints leave a residue & can decrease the life of the bulb

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not particularly insightful but thanks.

once you get the fascia off & the Headlights loose, it is pretty straight forward

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. Here's what I mean by "explicit". You didn't mention that:

Before changing,let car sit without lights on for a few hours...
1 - get #20 torx security security security screwdriver,I got mine at sears
2 - remove #20 torx screw holding cover
3- rotate cover slightly clockwise and pry cover loose
4 - you will see wire going into a plug that is screwed onto the light. Turn it 1/4 turn counterclockwise - note position of it before you remove it..
5 - remove spring clip holding in bulb. It locked in under the bulb,so push it in and moveto left to unlock
6 - bulb will fall out,note that top of bulb has a small slot on it - that is top of bulb.
7 - put in new bulb matching slot in bulb to top of housing, hold it in with one finger
8 - move metal clip in place and lock under bulb with finger from other hand
9 - replace cover,turn to align hole and lock with #20 torx screw

Just an example of what you, as an "experienced mechanic" might want to share with the next person expecting more from you.

thanks...........
If the vehicle was sitting in front of me that would probably be right

glad you got it done