acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

Acura TL: I have a 2002 Acura TL and the rear view mirror wont

I have a 2002 Acura TL and the rear view mirror won't stay in place. It has wires to automate the glare reduction, so a simple replacement is mildly more complicated. Any idea how to tighten it so it's not tilting down after every bump in the road? Alternatively, any ballpark estimates on costs to replace the mirror unit? Are the aftermarket mirrors as well as OEM? Thanks!
Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm Steve. And I will be assisting you today. You cant tighten these they break inside. The plug for the mirror is under the sunglass/dome light. Just open the holder take 2 screws out and pop the lens off the dome light (small screwdriver in corner) and remove 2 more screws . then tap the mirror off the glass. The mirror cost about $113.00 the part # XXXXX XXXXX I would recommend having a glass company replace the mirror it is really easy to crack the windshield when you tap it off. They will usually do this fairly cheaply. The aftermarket mirrors I have seen are poor quality so I don't recommend them.