acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

Acura MDX Touring: My 2007 Acura MDXs hands free link just

My 2007 Acura MDX's hands free link just stopped working. When the activation button is pressed, nothing happens. is there a fuse dedicated to this function? The owners manual does not show one.
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 7 months ago.

acramstr :

Hi [USERNAME], welcome. I'm Steve. And I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  acramstr replied 7 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  acramstr replied 7 months ago.
Does everything else in the car work? have you had any problems with the battery.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Everything else in the car seems to be working fine. I replaced the OEM battery in January 2012 after running it down while tailgating.

Expert:  acramstr replied 7 months ago.
Ok, Good. We have lots of problems with the Bluetooth unit in this model failing. Try holding the lower (hang up) button for 30 seconds and see what the unit says. If it does not respond or says "the hands free unit needs repair" . It is not a fuse problem if the radio and door locks work. These units short out internally and stop working. Another thing they do is drain the battery when the car sits that is why I asked about the battery. I would disconnect it before it drains the battery . It is located in the back of the center console. It is really easy to access just pull the back off the console and it is held in by 2 screws. If you give me the vin # XXXXX can give you the part number of a replacement unit and I can send a diagram of how the console comes apart as well if you are planning on repairing it yourself.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I held the hang up button as instructed, it went in to the diagnostic mode which is the first time it has made any noise in weeks. After about 90 seconds it came back and said "your system is now ok".

It seems to be working now. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  acramstr replied 7 months ago.

ok Great news, Keep an eye on it .We see these fail all the time especially in hot weather. If it stops again or the battery goes dead for no reason. Disconnect or replace it. If there is anything else I can help you with let me know.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1