acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

CL S: I have a 2001 Acura CL s. trying to remove the main relay

I have a 2001 Acura CL s. trying to remove the main relay ran out of time after getting it out. so I put the old one back in and it started. Bought a new one. Just replaced it and now it won't start. tries to turn over but no go. checked most fuses and they are fine. what next? can the new relay be bad??

Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm acramstr. And I will be assisting you today. Where did you get the new relay?

what happens if you plug the old one in and try to start the car?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

old one or new one same thing. tries to turn over but no go. Pep boys is where I got the new one. the car died this morning after coming to a stop at a light. no sputter just died, no radio sputter either everything else was working? My name is Kai?sir

ok Kai. when you turn the key "on" you should hear the fuel pump run for 2 seconds and then shut off? if not I can give you the test for the relay . Do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is nosie when its "on" a series of clicks after 3-5 seconds and yes I have a volt meter

ok, It sounds like it is working. To be sure skip to step 15 in this trouble shooting chart and make sure it has power to #4 for 2 seconds when you turn the key on.

if it does then you might have another problem other than the relay. Let me know what you find.