acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

Help. Long drive. Heard rubbing sound on front right wheel.

Help. Long drive. Heard rubbing sound on front right wheel. Seemed to be brake/wheel. Kept driving. Suddenly something snapped and broke off. Rotor? How bad is this? Can this be fixed at a standard Sears or should we wait until Monday and take to dealer?

Acura mdx 2003

Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm acramstr. And I will be assisting you today.

Did any warning lights come on?

Does the car still drive and does it stop normally?

When was the last time the brakes and wheels were checked?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Thanks. No warning lights. The car does drive and seems to stop normally. The noise stopped after the piece fell off. I have a picture of what fell off I can send to you. The car was checked a few months ago.
yes please send me the picture ,That would help greatly
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It won't let me paste the picture in here. Can I text you or email it to you?
The paste function is not working today it seems. I get e-mail or texts on the site . But you can put the photo on dropbox, photo bucket, flicker or any photo site and paste a link . That is the fastest way to get it to me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay I'm setting up an account....

WOW Ok, Don't drive the car!! .That is a brake pad that has fallen out of the caliper this is UNSAFE TO DRIVE. a local shop most likely can fix the brake for you but it will need at least brake rotors and pads. This Will need to be towed to prevent further damage.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you!!! Very helpful. Promise we won't drive..... Do you think Sears would have the parts "on the spot" or do you think they will need to get special Acura parts.

We are out of town away from home on vacation so ill take to sears on Sunday if you think they could possibly address it same day. If sears is going to need to order parts than perhaps I should wait until Monday and go to a better place.

I don't know for sure but I doubt the parts will be available on Sunday. Most Auto parts supplier's that carry these type of parts will likely be closed. The Acura dealer will likely have them in stock on Monday.