peterpete190
peterpete190, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 15 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

acura integra: I have an acura integra gsr that is hard to

I have an acura integra gsr that is hard to start when the engine is warm and or the temp outside is warm. when its col no problems starting at all. Idles perfect after its running
Category: Acura
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

There are a couple of common components I have seen that can cause this type of fault here.First is the fuel pressure regulator,this should be attached to the fuel rail on top of the engine near the fuel injectors.There is a vacuum hose attached to this regulator and when the regulator fails it can cause fuel to leak into this vacuum line then once the vehicle is shut off when warm it may start hard the next time as fuel enters the vacuum line.To check this you can place a shop rag under this regulator vacuum port and carefully remove the vacuum line from it and see if fuel runs out.If fuel does run out or even drip out at all this regulator needs replaced.

The other component can be a weak fuel pump,the fuel pump may be failing to provide the correct fuel pressure once warmed up.

I would have both of these checked here to see if one is found at fault.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuel pressure is perfect after a variety of tests there are no drivability problems or idling problems after the initial warm start and you have to slightly press the gas to keep it running. Just for a couple seconds then it smooths out and runs perfect. I'm almost positive it's the iac valve
Did you check and see if he fuel pressure regulator is leaking into the vacuum hose attached to it?

let me know,thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. No leaks for 5 minutes of run time
O.k.,does it leak after the engine is shut off and observed for several minutes with the vacuum hose off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
O.k.,you may be correct with this possibly being a fault with the IAC valve itself either sticking in its bore due to carbon build up as I have seen in some cases or possibly with the valve itself at fault.

A shop may have an IAC tester they can use to plug into your IAC valve to test the operation of it to see if this is the case here and in some cases you can clean out the carbon to correct this and in others it would need replaced.

Thanks Pete
peterpete190, Car Enthusiast
Experience: Over 15 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete

Thanks Pete