Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

TL Type-S: I have a 2007 Acura TL Type-S and this is my second

I have a 2007 Acura TL Type-S and this is my second pair of drill slotted rotors and they are still pulsating pretty bad like they are warp. Even when I changed out the old rotors with new drill and slotted rotors it did the same thing immediately. Please help..

At what speed are the brakes pulsating?

do you feel it in the front end, rear end, or whole vehicle?

Have you used a dial indicator to check runout?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I feel it at all speeds but braking at higher speeds makes it pulsate worse. And it's the front brakes that are doing it. And no I haven't used a dial indicator. I did ask the dealership if they thought there was a problem and they said that its suppose to do that but it didn't do that the very first time I put these type of rotors on the car and I also have the same type of rotors on my Honda with no problems ever. The Acura has standard brembo brakes if that makes a difference.

The dealer is wrong. There should not be pulsation from performance rotors.

High speed pulsation is usually the rotors, but may be the hubs. the rotors should be removed and the hubs checked with a dial indicator for runout and replaced if found.

If ok, then rotors are warped - either due to overheating, warped out of the box, or the lug nuts over tightened.

If overheating, calipers should be checked for sticking and slides lubricated or calipers replaced if the pistons are stickiing.