MDX: My 2010 Acura MDX Advanced was side swipe by a hit and

My 2010 Acura MDX Advanced was side swipe by a hit and run driver. My right front tire was cut. My insurance company will replace the cut tire. However, my left front tire has 42,000 miles on it. Will different tread depths affect the handling and AWD performance. I would like my insurance company to replace both front tires.

Hello and welcome to, I'm sorry to hear your vehicle was involved in an accident. if the left front tire has 42,000 miles on it, chances are it has very little tread left on it. You would be extremely lucky if the insurance company agreed to replace the tire, especially if it was not involved directly with the accident. There could possibly be issues with the abs or the all wheel drive system and it is not recommended you drive extended period of time with tires o of this great a difference in tread. You will probably have to absorb the cost of the left front tire.

please do not rate my answer until you have asked all the questions you wish and are completely satisfied and can leave a good or above rating. thanks