HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN
Experience:  OVER 20 YRS EXPERIENCE, OVER 10 YRS ACURA/HONDA EXPERIENCE
8532170

TL Sport: I bought a used 2002 Acura TL Sport VIN#19UUA56882A011822;

I bought a used 2002 Acura TL Sport VIN#19UUA56882A011822; When I power on the radio it's asking for a "Code". Where can I get this code from and how is it entered?
Category: Acura
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 1 year ago.

HONDASERVICE7791 :

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com, first you look in your glove box area for a white sticker. if there is a sticker there it will have the serial number, the code number or both. if it has the code number great! you only need to enter this number in the radio using the radio preset buttons. if it has just the serial number you can post it here and i can get you the code

HONDASERVICE7791 :

if there is no sticker, then you have to get the serial number electronically. first make sure the radio is saying "code" and not "err". if it says "err" then you will have to disconnect the battery for a few minutes to get it back to saying "code". then turn off the radio and hold down preset buttons 1 and 6. hold the buttons down while you turn on the radio. when the radio turns on release the buttons and the radio should display the serial number. copy it down and post it here.

HONDASERVICE7791 :

please do not rate my service until you are completely satisfied. thanks

Customer:

I will try this out and get back to you later, I work late tonight, so it may be tomorrow morning.

HONDASERVICE7791 :

ok whenever you can, post the serial number thanks.

HONDASERVICE7791 :

i will change the question to Q&A mode

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I saw a small white sticker on the outside of the glove box and it had a number on it "AD010970". I'm not sure if this what you were looking for. Also when I turned on the radio it gave me an "ERR" code.

sorry that's not going to be a good serial number. please get the number electronically like i posted in the previous post but first the radio has to say "code" again. You can do this by disconnecting the battery for at least 20 seconds and then trying the procedure. post the number whenever you can.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Serial #30010970

there are two possibilities:

first one is 24263

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's it THANKS:)

great! if you have any other questions please ask. if we are done take a few moments and rate my service and accept the answer so i may receive credit.

please rate my service good or above.

HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN
Experience: OVER 20 YRS EXPERIENCE, OVER 10 YRS ACURA/HONDA EXPERIENCE
Hello John,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Sincerely,
Juan S.