acura 3.2tl: 1999Acura TL3.2 stalling

1999Acura TL3.2 stalling

Hello and welcome to,

does it stall randomly? does it start right back up?

please provide details as when the problem happens, etc. thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it start back. Driving and then it stalls. Pull over and it starts . Drive for a a day or so then it happens again.

ok this issue is common in the older tl model. you ignition switch is faulty. the electrical contacts in the switch get worn and cause stalling but the car usually starts right back up.

there was a recall on this switch, you can call the dealership near you and see if you still qualify or they can do the work under warranty again.

please do not rate my service until you have asked all the question you want. I want you to be completely satisfied and comfortable leaving a good or better rating.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I knew about the ignition switch but it looked and worked okay so I didnt think this was it. How hard is it to replace (ignition switch)?

You are not replacing the ignition switch where the key goes in, you are only replacing the electrical part which is on the back part of the switch. It is relatively easy repair. after removing the steering column covers, you take the screws off and remove the switch, then you disconnect the other end from the fuse panel.

but if the dealer will do it for free why not get them to do it......