HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN
Experience:  OVER 20 YRS EXPERIENCE, OVER 10 YRS ACURA/HONDA EXPERIENCE
8532170

tsx: Electrical problem

Hello, driving to work, the battery light came on, followed by air bag, abs, vsa. the car ran a little rough as I headed for the dealership. At the light, I shifted into neutral (auto trans) because it felt like it might shut off. When reengaged, the transmission, thunked hard into drive after a second of two delay. Radio and dash lights were flickering, window very slow operating. Speedo, tach, gas gages all dropped dead.  I saw the answer for the neg batt cable, and it sounds familiar.  I also had the ECU recall repair done 3 weeks ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com,

it could possibly be one of the battery cables, but i suspect your alternator may have stopped charging.

unfortunately it is probably just coincidence that it happened wit the recent work you have had done.

the pcm recall repair is nothing more than installing a shield over top of the pcm to prevent any unwanted moisture from contacting the pcm.

please do not rate my service until you have asked all the questions you want. i want you to be completely satisfied that you can leave a good or better rating.