Andrew
Andrew, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  Master tech for 11 years.
64561840

TL: I was quoted $1,100 (includes all = taxes, labor, etc.)

I was quoted $1,100 (includes all = taxes, labor, etc.) for a timing belt in my 2002 Acura TL. Is this a good quote? Thanks.

OnlineMasterTech :

Hello I will be glad to help you with your Acura questions today.

OnlineMasterTech :

That is a pretty fair quote depending on your area and if the work is being done at the dealer. If that quote is from an independent garage I feel it is a little high but is right on course with what I would expect a dealer to charge for the service.

OnlineMasterTech :

Did that quote include timing belt, water pump, drive belt, and tensioner?

Customer:

Yes, the quote includes the compete package. It is an independent garage- I've been going there for years.

OnlineMasterTech :

Ok that is not a bad price for the complete package. I would proceed with the work if you are comfortable with the service there.

OnlineMasterTech :

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be glad to help. Please remember to rate me at Excellent Service and Thank You for letting me assist you today!

Customer:

Thanks for your answer. Also, I don't think the timing belt has ever been replaced and I have just over 100,000 miles on my Acura. Would I be smart to keep this car versus buying a new one. I've already replaced the transmission and she runs great.

OnlineMasterTech :

Yes if you have already replaced the transmission I would feel comfortable in telling you to keep the car.

Customer:

Thank you.