acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

MDX: Hi George, I want to replace the under-dash light bulbs

Hi George, I want to replace the under-dash light bulbs of my 2008 MDX, and I got the bult. However, I do not know how to reach them--it is in the feet area and there are not much space in either driver or passenger side. Any hint?

Thank you!

Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm acramstr. And I will be assisting you today. You can just gently pry the light holder out of the panel to get to the light bulbs . Here is an illustration from the manual showing how it fits. If there is anything else I can help you with let me know.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89860259/foot%20light.pdf

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Acramstr!

So all I need to to is to remove the light cover? I tried but failed--in which direction should I squeeze the cover?

If you look closely at the edge of the lens you will see small notches that you can put a small flat screwdriver into and twist gently to pop the lens off.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Acramstr,

Thank you. I will try one more time tomorrow. Quick question--there are four lights under the four doors, and it was very hard for me to remove the bulbs after openning the lense... any tip to easily remove those bulbs?

Thx.

I use latex mechanic's gloves for more traction on the bulb. They make special pliers for removing the bulbs as well. but I just use gloves . If you wiggle them back and forth while you pull it helps as well.