Jim
Jim, Honda Master Tech
Experience:  18 yr honda tech, 30 yr expeience, 13 ase mastertech
54429526

Acura RL: how to unlock 2006 accura RL navigation system i

how to unlock 2006 accura RL navigation system i forgot the pin number
Category: Acura
Expert:  Jim replied 1 year ago.

jimhondatech :

hi this is jim, i'm here to help you out, follow the instructions on the first page and send me the serial number and i can get your code

Attachment: acuranavi.pdf

Full Size Image

Customer:

40026984

jimhondatech :

hang on a sec

jimhondatech :

ok that looks like the serial number for the radio, two codes came up, 14453 or 54452, for the navi serial number follow the instructions at the bottom of page 1

Customer:

my car only takes 4 number

jimhondatech :

ok, i know that is why i stated the serial number looks like it is for the radio, did you follow the directions at the bottum of page 1 by the map, menu and cancel buttons procedure

Customer:

i cant open up

jimhondatech :

ok,push the map, menu and cancel buttons at the same time, then select diagnostics, then select detailed info and settings, then select unit check, then select navi ecu or ecu info, the serial number will be on this screen, it should start with some letters and contain numbers

Customer:

There is no diagnostics in the menu.

Customer:

Oh, nevermind. We found it.

Customer:

I have the number, now what do I do with it?

jimhondatech :

what is the other number

Customer:

FKB26002436

jimhondatech :

thats it, hang on a sec

Customer:

Okay.

jimhondatech :

ok, i have it, 6748, let me know if it works, thanks

Customer:

It works.

Customer:

Do we have to keep it?

jimhondatech :

yes, save all the codes i sent you, you have both radio and navi codes, if the battery ever goes dead you will need them

Customer:

Okay. Thank you for your help.

Customer:

The radio doesn't work though.

Customer:

Only the map works.

jimhondatech :

enter the first codes i sent you, the 5 digit codes there are 2 possibilities

Customer:

The one number works, but what's the other one for? Is it just for another option?

jimhondatech :

yes, there is more than code for the same radio, the manufacture of the radio does it that way

Customer:

Okay, thank you for your help.

jimhondatech :

no problem i'm glad i was able to help you, please don't forget to rate my service for my report card, thanks jim

Jim, Honda Master Tech
Experience: 18 yr honda tech, 30 yr expeience, 13 ase mastertech