George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years w/L1 Drivability certification

Acura TL: My car has been starting slow lately and now it wont

My car has been starting slow lately and now it wont start at all. The radio and lights will come on so Im pretty sure its not the battery. When i do try and start it though it trys to turn over and the dashboard light flicker. Im not sure, maybe its the spark plugs??

Hello I will help you with your question,

The starter requires the battery to provide a lot of current to spin the engine so if you have a weak battery or corroded battery cables the starter will sap the battery causing the dash lights to flicker and the other symptoms you are experiencing. Either the starter (not likely) is drawing too much current or the battery is weak and has enough charge to run the radio and light but not enough to run the starter (more likely). or the cables have corrosion on their ends or are loose. If the cables are clean and tight have the battery checked for free at an autoparts store and let m e know the findings. I believe you need a battery but have it tested first.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you