acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

TL: Both of the transmission indicator sections on my dash

Both of the transmission indicator sections on my dash of my 1999 Acura TL are not displaying anything?
Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm acramstr. And I will be assisting you today. Is the odometer hard to read as well (dim) Does the shift position show any of the gears like park reverse ect?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just checked again. It is only the D4 position that is not lit. Reverse, Neutral and D1, D2 and D3 are all lit when in the automatic position. The small box to the right shows 1, 2, 3 and 4 when in manual so it is only the D4 when in auto that is not lit. I suspect the bulb since this is the dominant shift position and the car is over 14 years old.

Do you agree and what should I plan to pay to have the bulb replaced?

Thanks,

Rick

Yes that bulb is a common problem in these. The bulb is about $5 the part number is

78147-S0K-A01. you can buy one from any Honda or Acura dealer. Or switch it with on e of the other bulbs like the d1 bulb that is almost never used. these bulbs have a special base so you wont be able to get one anywhere but a dealer. labor should run $100-130 . If there is anything else I can help you with let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The part online is showing as Panel, Print Regular for $36.00. Do you have a description for this part? Thanks for your help.

Rick

oops sorry about that pasted wrong part try this one 78181-SS0-003 the other was for the number display.