peterpete190
peterpete190, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 15 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Acura TL Type-S: I have a Acura 2003 TL type S that I can not

I have a Acura 2003 TL type S that I can not get the windows to work except the drivers door and it works fine. The Lights do not come on anymore on the switches and I have the window lock turn on for them to work?? The window lock is working because when I turn them on the lights go on to them all on drivers door but the do not on all three of the other doors... I have power to the switches on each of the switchs to all the doors but nothing happens when I try any of the windows besides the driver window works?? Help me it is making me crazy...
Category: Acura
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

In some cases I have found cut or damaged wiring where it passes from the doors to the body of the vehicle that can cause this here.If you have not inspected the wiring where it passes from the drivers front door to the body this should be done to see if any wiring is found damaged at all.If any is found it needs repaired to correct this fault here.

If all of the wiring is found o.k. and if you did not replace the drivers master window switch assembly it is possible this switch assembly is at fault as I have run into several times before in the past and had to replace to correct this.The signals in and out of this switch would need tested to be sure which would require a multi meter to do this testing.

These are most common to cause this fault here and need checked into further.If you have a multi meter for testing let me know and I can see if I can locate some tests to see if we can find out if this switch is at fault.

Thanks Pete
peterpete190, Car Enthusiast
Experience: Over 15 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much... I did check the wiring in the harness from the drivers door and sure enough after moving them around a bit I had the windows working again.. Now I just need to open it up and find the damaged wires and repair them... Something I did not even think of until you suggested it and then I thought to myself hmmm I have not checked that!! Sometimes you just need another mind to work were yours did not,, Thanks again $15 well spent..

Troy

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete