acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

I have a acura rl 3.5 the unit quit running no codes, it want

I have a acura rl 3.5 the unit quit running no codes, it want to start every blue moon then dies. the unit does not start just cranks.

Hi Mark, welcome. I'm acramstr. And I will be assisting you today. This is most likely a bad main relay. We see this in these all the time. There is a circuit board in the relay that cracks and causes this type of symptom. try turning the key on and listen for the fuel pump to run for 3 seconds and then shut off .If it doesn't then the relay is bad. The relay is located above the brake pedal under the dash. Here is a picture of it .If there is anything else I can help you with let me know.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is the fuel pump located so I can hear it?

It is in the fuel tank . If you listen by the fuel cap you can hear it . Have someone turn the key for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

worked like a champ, thank you