Acura CL: 1998 Acura cl 3.0 - Automatic door locks do not work.

1998 Acura cl 3.0 - Automatic door locks do not work. The remote fob and the in door buttons will not lock/unlock the doors.
Hello and welcome to just,

have you checked the fuses?

anything else but the locks not working?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just the locks. Have not checked fuses. Is there a fuse that would affect only the locks?

Check fuse #38 (15 amp) in the under hood fuse panel. make sure there is power at the fuse on both sides and the fuse is ok.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are no numbers on the fuses under the hood. The box lid has a picture of the fuse locations and the amperage. If I send you the picture can you tell me which to check? Also can the box under the passenger affect the locks?

yes please send a picture.

which box are you talking about?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The black box under the hood containing the fuses.

oh yes the one on the back of the passenger side. i will see if i can find a picture and send you the link

here is a link to a picture of the fuse panel. the fuse is in position #38

click here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The fuse is good. The voltage is fluctuating.

OK we will need to troubleshoot the system. do you need a troubleshooting diagram for the power lock system?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That would be a great help.

here is the link to the schematic for the power locks click here

if you need help finding components let me know i can either send you a picture or tell you where it is.

you will have to check inputs and outputs to the key less security control unit, which i suspect could be the cause of your issue.

let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to know the part number & location of the security control unit and like to have any pictures of the unit ant its inputs & outputs. Thanks for all your help so far.

here is a picture of the location of the control unit. i will find you the part number. to check inputs and outputs you need to use the schematic that i have already given you.

click here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Guess you can't leave an email address. Customer @ custommolded .com. just remove the blanks.

i'm sorry but we can't e-mail customers on this site. all business must be transacted through the thread. i will post the. part number shortly
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK - works for me. Do you know whether or not I can use the control unit from a 1997 in a 1998?

here is the part number: 72147-sy8-a03

i'm not sure if another unit out of those years will fit. check the part number of the unit and see if it is the same.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think that part number (72147-sy8-a03) is for the remote fob. The controller might be 38380-ss8-a01. Can you verify this? Also do you have installation instructions?

i will double check the part number. i don't believe there are any installation instructions, it is mounted underneath the passenger seat, pretty straight forward
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I did rate you as excellent with a 10.00 bonus.

i checked the part number you gave me and yes that's the right number for the control unit. the parts guy gave me the wrong part number. typical. good luck with your repair. let me know how it turns out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great, thanks.

your welcome
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

People are constantly looking for their radio code. The easiest way to get the code is to have your radio serial number and your title handy and call Acura XXX-XXX-XXXX. They will give you the correct code for your radio.

YES thank you