acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

Looking to buy a 2004 Acura TL that is in great shape with

Looking to buy a 2004 Acura TL that is in great shape with clean carfax and only has 80,000 miles for $12K. I hear that they had alot of transmission problems. Is this something I should be worried about before I buy?
Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm acramstr. And I will be assisting you today. There were some transmission problems in early 04 TL'S But nothing like the 2000-2003 models. There is a good chance the transmission is OK if the car has been well maintained. It is always a good idea to have the car checked out by someone familiar with Acura's before buying to be sure you are not buying someone else's problem. These cars are generally pretty solid.If there is anything else I can help you with let me know.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I were to have transmission problems in the future and would need to replace it with a rebuilt tranny, any idea how much that would round-about cost me? Im aware that Acura is an expensive way to go but Im just looking to have an idea of what i might be getting myself into.

A rebuilt factory trans in one of these runs about $4500.00 you cam probably get an aftermarket rebuilt trans from a reputable shop for about $3800- 4000. They are not cheap but like I said they don't fail as often as the earlier model.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its good to hear that I shouldn't worry about it as much as I have been because I love the car and I cant find anything else to the caliber of this car with around 80K miles for the price. Thank you very much for your help

Thank you , Please don't forget to leave feedback.