acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

Acura MDX: I have a 2007 Acura MDX with a new battery (from

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Acura MDX with a new battery (from Autozone). The car has been zero power dead two mornings in a row (no lights, can't even lift the back hatch). Jumpstart works and car seems to drive/start okay the rest of the day. Six months ago we had the same problem and dealer disconnected the HFL system. Now dealer can't find any drains and they had it for four days and problem didn't replicate for them. I am armed with a multitester to check voltage the next time it happens. Any ideas?
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 3 years ago.

Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm acramstr. And I will be assisting you today. You most likely have a bad a/c compressor relay. These can be intermittent ,The relay PN:

39794-SDA-A05 is cheap I would just replace it and see what happens ( it will fail eventually anyway). Other things that happen are the door lock switches can stick or the driver seat slide switch can stick. However the a/c relay is far and away the most common cause when this happens in an 07 other than the HFL unit.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where do I buy the replacement relay switch, Autozone? About how much does it cost?

Expert:  acramstr replied 3 years ago.
I would get a factory relay from a local Honda or Acura dealer the part number is for an improved part to address the problem. It cost about $28.00
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I picked up the part today and will wait and see if it is fixed. Thanks for your help. I am happy to rate your service and will send a bonus if it fixes the problem!

Expert:  acramstr replied 3 years ago.
ok, If there is anything else I can help you with let me know.