HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN
Experience:  OVER 20 YRS EXPERIENCE, OVER 10 YRS ACURA/HONDA EXPERIENCE
8532170

MY STEERING WHEEL GET VERY HARD WHEN TURNING TO THE RIGHT JUST STARTED YESTERDAY , I CHAN

MY STEERING WHEEL GET VERY HARD WHEN TURNING TO THE RIGHT JUST STARTED YESTERDAY , I CHANGED MY RACK ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO WHICH WAS PURCHASED AT ORIELYS . IT MAKES LIKE A WISTLEING NOISE WHEN IM PARKED AND TURN THE WHEEL TO THE RIGHT ALSO STARTED YESTERDAY ? ONE THING THAT I WAS TOLD IS THE SERPENTINE BELT IS MAKEING NOISES ALREADY ( 2 MONTHS SINCE THIS STARTED ) AND NEEDS TO BE CHANGED WHICH IS A CONCERN TO ME IF THIS CAN CAUSE UR POWER STEERING TO ACT THIS WAY ACCURA TL 2000

HONDASERVICE7791 :

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com, you need to check the fluid while it is running and see if there are bubbles in the fluid. It might be as simple as replacing an o-ring to maybe needing a power steering pump.

please do not rate my answer yet! we are not done with your concern. please ask as many questions until you are completely satisfied and can rate my service good or above
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok kool.. I did change the o ring 1 month ago and the power steering pump .. My serpentine belt is makein alot of noise and its bad .. Could thi be the cause of the power steering fault?
Yes if it is slipping badly then it could cause noise and the power steering turning issues. you replaced the o-ring, pump and the rack and pinion?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes i have repllaced o ring , rack n pinion and pump within the last 2 months
ok, hopefully you used Acura parts, that could be an issue. but i would replace the belt first if you know that's a problem and retest the power steering and see if it fixes it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
O ring was factor but pump and rack were not factor but thank i will have the serpentine taken care of before i proceede with anything else ....thanks
yes that would be a good start. let me know how it turns out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will do