Andrew
Andrew, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  Master tech for 11 years.
64561840

Acura 3.2 CL: I have a 2001 Acura 3.2 CL the engine will turn

I have a 2001 Acura 3.2 CL the engine will turn over normally but will not start. I followed the owners manual on starting instruction no luck. I then just turned the key to start II position and did not hear the pump running. The car is driven on highway but has been in garage for 2 days while were out of town. One suggestion is maybe the main fuel relay under the dash or pressure regulator. Can you offer advice please?

OnlineMasterTech :

Hello I will be glad to help you with your Acura questions today.

OnlineMasterTech :

When you are cranking the engine is the green key light in the gauge cluster flashing?

Customer:

Green key light does not flash

OnlineMasterTech :

Ok the most likely cause if you can not hear the fuel pump running would be the main relay......these are very common to fail in this model.

Customer:

How hard is it to remove and replace

OnlineMasterTech :

Let me get instructions for you.

OnlineMasterTech :

Full Size Image

Customer:

Thank you

OnlineMasterTech :

No problem at all. It is fairly easy to replace.....just loosen the 10mm bolt that hold the bracket in place and install the new one.

OnlineMasterTech :

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be glad to help. Please remember to rate me at Excellent Service and Thank You for letting me assist you today!

OnlineMasterTech :

Still with me?

Customer:

Got it thanks