Acura TL: Hi I have an 04 Acura TL that was wreaked with some

Customer Question

Hi I have an 04 Acura TL that was wreaked with some minor front end damage. I've since been trying to get the system working with no luck. The only way I can get the compressor clutch to engage is by crossing the #1 wire on the high pressure switch. It works perfect and cools great. So I changed the pressure switch and still the same problem. I'm stumped.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
My name is Pete and I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

Since the vehicle was wrecked in the front end like this here it may be possible some freon was lost if there is a leak in the ac system possibly with the ac condenser which sits in front of the radiator.If this was not checked to see if it is leaking this should be done.If there isn't enough freon/ac pressure in the ac system this will disable the ac from coming on.If the condenser or any other ac component was replaced due to the wreck I would have the freon re checked to make sure it is at its correct level.

I would also have any ground wiring checked that may have connected at the front bumper area or front area on the vehicle.If a ground wire is found loose or damaged or even disconnected this can also cause this issue.

If all of these are found to be o.k. let me know and we can continue from there if needed.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I did have to replace the Condensor. After replacement I took the car to an ac shop and they charged the system. I also checked with my gauge and freon level is great. I have also checked the wiring in the front and nothing seems loose or damaged. Like I said it works great when ever I bypass the high pressure switch. And changing the switch did not fix the problem.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
O.k.,unfortunately I am at a loss on this one here since this has been checked and is found to be o.k.

I will opt out and put this question back on the list to see if others can help more.Don't reply to my last here unless it is a last resort as it will keep the question locked to me.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 3 years ago.

let me see if i can help you with your a/c issue. first a few questions..

have you checked for power at the compressor itself?

have you checked for power at the a/c clutch relay?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes there is power there whenever I jump the pressure switch. Otherwise no.
ok have you tried switching the a/c clutch relay with another relay in the fuse box? there are several relays in there that are the same.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I have an that makes no difference. So I ruled that out.
ok give me a few minutes to look at the schematic. do you have the voltage readings from the a/c clutch relay socket in the fuse panel. that would help in deciding which signal you are missing. The freon level is good correct??

ok use this link to the troubleshooting tree for the a/c clutch relay and let me know what your results are

click here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I finally resolved the problem. I followed everything as the the diagram you provided described and everything checked out ok. After more testing I discovered the yellow wire from the high pressure switch was broken. Fixed wire = solved problem.

I'm glad you were able to get it fixed. i hoped my diagram was able to help you resolve your issue. Please close the question and i hope you can rate my service good or better. If not please let me know how i can help you further. thanks again