acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

Acura MDX Touring: I get a hissing noise from the radios rear

I get a hissing noise from the radio's rear speakers for around ten seconds after I start the car (2005 Acura MDX). Then it goes away, and the radio works fine. If I start the car with the radio off, I still get the hissing, but not as loud. Balance and fader checks on the radio seem to indicate that the radio and speakers are working fine - except for that hissing on start-up. How can I fix it?
Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm acramstr. And I will be assisting you today. Can I have the Vin # XXXXX the car so I can look up the system. This will help me see what system you have.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's a 2005 Acura MDX Touring Package with Navigation and XM Satellite Radio.

ok. Then this model should have this amp under the dash next to the gas pedal. We see these fail from time to time and cause buzzing or popping in the speakers. The part number is XXXXX it cost about $700.00 so I would try to get a used one to save money. It fits 05-06 mdx.