HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN
Experience:  OVER 20 YRS EXPERIENCE, OVER 10 YRS ACURA/HONDA EXPERIENCE
8532170

TL: I have a 98 Acura TL with the 3.2 engine. Last night my

I have a 98 Acura TL with the 3.2 engine. Last night my wife said when she left the store it just cranked and no start. I have it in the garage and it cranks over fine but I am not getting gas or spark. Is there a relay that would do this?

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com,

the symptom you are having is very common in your model. The problem is the main relay is faulty. this relay controls spark and fuel. replacing the relay will solve your issue. let me know if you need a diagram of the relay location.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where would I find this relay? Is there a test I can do on it to determine that this is the problem for sure? I don't want to buy an expensive relay to find out it wasn't the issue if possible.

here is a guide to troubleshooting the relay click here, here a diagram of the location click here