acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

MDX: Hi there, My 2009 Acura MDX Entertainment -- VIN is

Hi there,

My 2009 Acura MDX Entertainment -- VIN is 2HNYD28477H506922
-- has had repeated problems with the battery draining over-night.

My mechanic thought it was a loose door (after repainting a scratch) that was triggering a sensor. I thought that would be the fix but the problem reoccured. The batter is fine.

I came to the conclusion that the entertainment system was the cause. When I sat in the car powered completely down - I could hear the CD/DVD drive trying to load every minute or so.

When I removed the fuse for the system the problem seems to have abated (but it is hard to tell).

From what I have read I may have to replace the steroe or the hand free link. BTW - the hands free link has not been working for me when I recently tried to set it up. Simply no recognition of its presence by the voice activated system.

I would like to get this taken care of but not before being sure of the cause. I am capable of minor easy quick repairs.

-- Axle
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sir or Madam, welcome to Pearl.com. I'm acramstr. And I will be assisting you today.

Before you blame the radio lets try this. Pull the back of the center console off . (open doors and pull starting at the top vent ) It just clips on . Under the rear cover bolted to the back of the console box you will see a black box with a gray plug. This is the Bluetooth unit. Unplug it and see if the drain goes away. We have many problems with these units shorting and draining the battery. Also check the a/c compressor relay they stick and drain the battery as well. to check this start the car and turn the a/c on You will see the end plate spin with the a/c on and when you hit the "off " button it should stop if not the relay is stuck. Try these first before removing the stereo. This car has a can system and if one unit stays awake everything else does as well this could explain the stereo resetting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

Thanks for your response.

It is not 100% clear what you mean by the "back" - that could mean the part of the console that extends to the back seat, the back of the nav, etc.

Can you make it very clear? And how much force am I applying to pull here? Do I benefit by using a plastic pry tool?

Thanks!

(Mr.) Axle

Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.
It just pulls off . Here is how it fits ,A plastic pry tool will help but if you warm up the inside of the car it comes off easily by hand. graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This seems to have worked!

Next steps to get a replacent hfl? Any tips for that?

Thanks!

Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

There are dealer's that sell parts at wholesale prices on the internet that are the best deal.. Here is one US dealer that sells them http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/home.jsp the part number is XXXXX it should cost about $225.00

Also I would call Acura and ask them to help with the cost as this is a known issue with these vehicles. Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1