MASTER  TECH
MASTER TECH, Acura Technician
Experience:  27 years of Honda training and a master Acura tech
10834442

tl: i have a 2012 acura tl 3.5liter. the rack and pinion was

i have a 2012 acura tl 3.5liter. the rack and pinion was replaced because it got damaged in a wreck. so a used one was installed and now the steering is hard it has electronic power steering.is there any relearn procedures that need to be done first.

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you today.

I have to ask if you plugged in both connectors at the rack ?

also their is a torque sensor neutral position procedure Has to be done. this will require the use of the Acura MVCI scanner.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i have to check i didnt install it a friend of mine installed i double check. if there are plugged in steering will the steering be hard unless i do the torque sensor neutral position procedure. my question is not doing the torque sensor neutral position procedure will that cause the steering to be hard

it does not specify in the manual. only that it has to be done anytime the rack is removed. it has a control unit and im thinking it will not see the input until its matted to the control unit.

this is the only info they are showing for replacing the rack.

graphic

one more thing make sure the wires are not damaged at the connector from been pulled. I have seen this happen before at my dealer. a very easy thing to do.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok then ill double check the the connectors at the rack. i have an autel scantool and i beleve it will allow me to do the torque sensor neutral position procedure.