Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

CL: 97 Acura cl 3.0 any problems with hydraulic lifters? I

97 Acura cl 3.0 any problems with hydraulic lifters? I have an knocking noise at idle. I just adjust valve lifters and nothing change. Noise is coming from top end and happen same time with spark on #6. Pulled spark plug wire and listen to the noise, has same frequency with spark on #6
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

If you remove spark from one cylinder at a time does the noise get any quieter or change pitch at all on any of the cylinders?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, the noise stay the same. No noise at cold start, untill engine warm up. Have the noise only at idle goes away when rev up. And is loud

O.k.,from what I can see on this engine it looks like the rocker shafts adjust right on the valves themselves.There looks to be valve lash adjusters on these rocker shafts that take up excess slack rotating on the valves and camshafts.

If one or more the rocker arms adjusters have worn or are damaged this can cause this as well as damage to one of the camshaft lobes as well.I would inspect the ends of each rocker arms to see is any damage is visible same with the cam shafts.

If any wear or damage is found in any of these components then the affected component would need replaced.I have seen wear on the rocker arms as well as the camshafts cause this here.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am my self master tech at nissan and I know how to diag an noise but this is something specific to this tipe of engine and is first time working on. I inspect the roker arms and I d`ont see any damage. I also inspect valve lash in two diffrent ways: first I use a filler gauge and then I measure with dial indicator and all came OK. I adjust to.008 intake and .011 exhaust.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here.I will opt out and put this question back on the list for others to see if they can help more with this,there might be someone here that has run across this issue possibly.Don't reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep the question locked to me.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I need an Honda/ Acura specialist