acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

Element: hello, i have a 2003 element, i am trying to find

hello, i have a 2003 element, i am trying to find the radio code before i have to have it, i have read that with it being a 2003 that the code would have to be retrieved by the honda dealer, is that the case or would you be able to and if you can what information do you need? thank you in advance
Jonathan
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sir or Madam, welcome to Pearl.com. I'm acramstr. And I will be assisting you today.

what is the number on the sticker you found? The serial number can be obtained from the radio itself. by pressing preset 1 and 6 and turning the radio on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi again, the number i found was on the glovebox backside (have to open all the way to where you can get to cabin air filters) it is 16202 and the code does not come up when i press the 2 buttons preset 1 and 6 and turn on the radio, i am not beyond pulling the radio if needed to get the serial number (last resort tho please) my vin nuber for the car is 5j6yh28523l011389 just in case it helps. and thank you for your help.

Jonathan

Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.
ok. If you are Sure it is an 03 . Lets try again. Press and Hold the buttons and hold them down a second after you turn the radio on. (start with the radio off) of the screen says ERR disconnect the battery For 5 min to reset the radio.. This will give 2 sets of numbers post these back to me and I can get the code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, i went ahead and pulled the radio to get the serial for it, the element is indeed an 03, bought it used a few months ago, this iswhat the sticker on the back says for serial number dcz20018585.

the radio was suprisingly easy to remove :) thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi, it says you responded to the post but i do not see any new information. if you did respond can you please post again if not please le me know and i will leave ya be while you work on it thanks

Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.

I don't know why the site does that sometimes.

Your code is 64231 . Enter it using the preset buttons. Let me know if you have any problems.

acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you very much! worked perfectly! left a very satisfied rating...

Expert:  acramstr replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, Come again.