HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN
Experience:  OVER 20 YRS EXPERIENCE, OVER 10 YRS ACURA/HONDA EXPERIENCE
8532170

mdx: my sons 03 MDX has nav and battery died. replaced it and

my sons 03 MDX has nav and battery died. replaced it and now when he enters the code we got from dealer 2830 it won't work. any suggestions or is there a special input procedure involved. we don't have the correct manual for car.

HONDASERVICE7791 :

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com, did you provide them the serial number off the navi unit?

Customer:

yes, it,s alpine p/n 39810-s3v-a110-m1, ref#rd613ao, serial# XXXXX they said nav code should be 2830

HONDASERVICE7791 :

let me recheck the number hold on please

HONDASERVICE7791 :

yes thats the code. what does the screen say?

Customer:

screen says enter code he punches it in and hit done and screen says incorrect pin

HONDASERVICE7791 :

and where did you find this serial number?

Customer:

it's on the back of the unit, which we pulled out of the dash. i can e-mail you a picture which he sent me. but you ran it and it comes out as the number they gave him.

HONDASERVICE7791 :

it that where you put the navi disc or is there a unit under the seat?

Customer:

there is a unit under the seat

Customer:

he pulled the nav disc out and out it back, but no change

HONDASERVICE7791 :

there is another serial number on the unit under the seat< you might have to remove it partially to see it or use a mirror

Customer:

i anticipated you might say that so he's doing that now. he's about 20 miles from me so i have to relay over the phone.

HONDASERVICE7791 :

ok

Customer:

that number is; DHB22020671

HONDASERVICE7791 :

ok try 8836

Customer:

IT WORKS ! You are the MAN. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you excellent feedback. this thing seems to have a bad connection on the circuit board as the climate control goes out sometimes and will sometimes come back if you rap the dash. have you run into this before ?

HONDASERVICE7791 :

yes i have run into this before. yes if the connection at the back of the panel is good then the unit will need to be replaced once it stops working for good.

Customer:

ouch, can they be sent to alpine for repairs ?

HONDASERVICE7791 :

Possibly.... you would have to contact Alpine to see if they perform the repairs. Check with local shops that repair radios, sometimes you will find a guy that will repair these circuit boards, it wont be cheap but it will be cheaper than a new unti.thanks very much for your business and thank you in advance for the excellent rating. i am exiting out of chat now but i can switch out of chat mode into Q&A mode if you have any other questions.

HONDASERVICE7791 :

i will get back to your questions tomorrow if you need any more help thanks again

Customer:

no, thanks though. what a RELIEF to have my daughter-inlaw off my back! Truly appreciate it.