acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

MDX: I have a 2003 Acura MDX. VTM+4 light and check engine

I have a 2003 Acura MDX. VTM+4 light and check engine light are on. Im really only concerned about the VTM+4 light. The engine code is for B1S1 o2 sensor. That is the only code in the PCM. The check engine light comes on as soon as the vehicle is started, but the VTM+4 light comes on about a minute later, even if the car doesn't move. I have found no codes in the ABS system with my scanner and cannot figure out why this light is coming on. I would like some diagnostic information to help figure out what might be wrong. I have tested all wheel speed sensors and the ABS pump with my scanner (Solus) and they all function fine. ABS also functions normally during an ABS stop.
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 3 years ago.
The Vtm-4 light is on because of the check engine light. This is a trait of the system. when you fix the o2 sensor and clear the code the vtm-4 light will go out as well. Be sure to use a factory sensor in this model. The after market sensors will not last in these.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok great thanks for the help!